Friday 18 May 2012

Roberta Annan is interviewed on Vogue Black…





The ever fabulous Roberta Annan, project developer talks about fashion 4 Development (http://fashion-4-development.com/) and how fashion can be used for change in Africa via Vogue Black.. I’m truly loving the photograph of her looking glorious in a jacket and trouser suit by Dior Homme and shoes by Burberry Prorsum.. A big political player, Roberta Annan’s piece is a must read.. For the interview visit:
http://www.vogue.it/en/uomo-vogue/people/2012/05/roberta-annan
Credit: Nina Flohr, L'Uomo Vogue, May-June 2012 (n. 431)
Photo by David Needleman
Fashion editor Rushka Bergman
Source: Vogue Black



Also on Vogue Black are some of Ghana Rising’s favourite boys: architect
David Adjaye via:
http://www.vogue.it/en/uomo-vogue/people/2012/05/david-adjaye  and fab footballers: Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sulley Ali Mundari -pictured here with Sierra Leonean, Rodney Strasser -and all looking good via:
http://www.vogue.it/en/uomo-vogue/people/2012/05/kevin-prince-boateng-sulley-muntari-rodney-strasser-and-clarence-seedorf



"I’m interested in the various nuances of the continent. My family comes from the Ashanti tribe, which is very well known and has an extremely distinctive character, but they always pushed me to understand how diverse and multifaceted Africa’s cultures are. And since my father is a diplomat, we lived in Egypt, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia. Then when I was 13 we moved to London. I feel absolutely connected to the spirit of globalism." David Adjaye

Credit:
L'Uomo Vogue, may-june 2012 (n. 431)
Photo by Hugo Tillman
Fashion editor Cobbie Yates
Jacket Bottega Veneta; shirt and pants Ozwald Boateng; shoes Bottega Veneta
Source: Vogue Black





"Giving something back to Ghana is not an important thing for me. It is the most important thing for me.. I don’t want the kids who grow up there to have to face all the difficulties I faced to follow their dreams. They can become footballers, doctors, teachers, pilots, who knows, presidents. They can become important people. They can change the world." Sulley Ali Mundari

"I’m very proud to be half African. If I wasn’t I never would have chosen to play for Ghana instead of Germany. I’ve been to Africa – not often, but when I was there I really enjoyed it… The problem in Africa is that the potential is there – the whole world saw the excellent organization of the South African World Cup, where everything ran smoothly. All that’s missing is European infrastructure and organization." Kevin-Prince Boateng

Credit:
Tim Small, L'Uomo Vogue, May-June 2012 (n. 431)
Photo by Pierpaolo Ferrari
Fashion editor Sarah Grittini
Fashion assistant Valeria di Renzo
Groomer Alemka Krupic@ Face to Face using Mac cosmetics
Groomer Assistant Lena Poerio@ HM Battaglia using Maroccanoil
Source: Vogue Black

***Its sooo lovely to see beautifully styled and shot images of Ghanaian movers and shakers.. After three years of mostly mediocre photographs coming out of Ghana -I’m truly loving this Re-Branding of Ghana -and seeing beautiful professional images some of our most esteemed (well my kind of) Ghanaian personas via Vogue Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment