Wednesday 7 December 2011

A Must Watch: ‘Ties That Bind’ by Leila Djansi…..








Paulina Opoku-Gyimah says: As you all know, I’m terrified of African movies….I just don’t know how to do them. If the wacky actors are not impersonating mad people, rolling their eyes and talking in fake American accents, -then they’re being chased by demons and I really don‘t have the time for all that…..but I’m very excited by director/producer/writer, Leila Djansi’s uber professional and captivating films (I honestly don’t know how she does it -be it financially, getting the best actors from around the globe and being an African woman in what appears to be an old-boys-club-of-an-industry! I’m very impressed -she’s a genius as far as I‘m concerned, -plus she has class (and style) and is very sweet, she sent me a very pleasant message via face book with regards to an enquiry I sent out -about a certain fashion boutique in Accra -very sweet of her. Her latest, ‘Ties that Bind’ a film describe by Leila Djansi -herself as, “her biggest project yet” -tells the story of, “three women from different walks of life, bound together by a similar pain; the loss of a child. In a destined meeting, in a small village, the women journey together to redemption, love, life and forgiveness as they renovate a dilapidated clinic for the villagers.”


Starring Ghana Rising fave, Ama Abebrese (she won ‘Best Actress In Leading Role’ at the 7th Annual African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA); Hollywood’s -Kimberly Elise, Randall Batinkoff, Omotola Jolade Ekeinde, Ebbe Bassey and Ghanaian heartthrob -John Dumelo -‘Ties That Bind’ looks incredible, -I can’t wait to watch it.

‘Ties that Bind’ premieres in Accra on the 30th December 2011 -and has been nominated for numerous awards at the upcoming Ghana Movie Awards 2011...I hope this much anticipated film -wins.



A bit more info...

Leila Djansi threatens to quit making movies in Ghana. Speaks on her difficulty in working in Ghana and the non support from the country.

1 comment:

  1. eish the kiss at the end made my day...wow how beautiful...loving this movie
    I really must watch it

    ReplyDelete