Thursday 28 January 2010

Hair: Abena Richardson of A Squared Hair Salon......




I am not a big fan of black hair shows [or award shows for that matter]. They tend to be full of what I call ‘ghetto’ styles. I don’t mind innovative or uber ‘on trend’ styles –but one hideous moving red pineapple of a hairstyle -after another is not my thing. So you can imagine my surprise when I stumbled across the above images of glossy, high fashion, soft hair by ‘British Hairdressing Afro Hairdresser of the Year finalist 2009’ Abena Richardson of A Squared Salon; they have won her and her team –the ‘Black Beauty/WAHL’ Stylist of the Year Hair Award –and the Styling Team of the Year Award 2009. Founded by Afua Akyeampong, Michael and Abena Richardson in 2003 –team A Squared continue to go from strength to strength. Congratulations Abena -your work rocks....

A Squared Salon
20 Catford Broadway,
Catford SE6
020 8690 4758
http://www.asquared.co.uk/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment